Yes!

Dogs can eat peanut butter—it’s a vet-approved and canine-loved human snack. Chock full of healthy fats, vitamins B and E, niacin, and protein, peanut butter is a favorite of most dogs. It’s also a favorite of most pet parents: they swear by filling a Kong toy with peanut butter to keep their dogs busy (and very happy!) for hours. So, in moderation, peanut butter is certainly a safe and delicious treat for your dog, excluding those furry friends with a peanut allergy.

There are some peanut butters that are not suitable whatsoever for pups, and some that are perfectly safe (and very much prized). Choose raw, unsalted, unsweetened peanut butter and keep the sweet, commercial stuff for yourself, especially the sugar-free and lite peanut butters, as they usually contain artificial sweeteners that can be extremely toxic to dogs.

For example, ingestion of xylitol can be fatal; it can shut down internal organs, cause seizures and lead to death. Some symptoms of xylitol poisoning include vomiting, shaking, weakness and difficulty walking, usually occurring 15-30 minutes after consumption. If you notice these signs, consult the Pet Poison Helpline immediately and get your pup to the emergency vet.

Prevent a possible tragedy by keeping processed, sweetened peanut butters out of your dog’s way.

While even a small teaspoon of peanut butter can make your pup’s day, there are plenty of homemade treats for the creative cooks in the bunch.

Souce: https://www.healthypawspetinsurance.com/blog/2016/11/07/can-dogs-eat-peanut-butter/

Love, The PetsWell Team

Fresh Cooked Organic Pet Food Available!

Shop for healthy fresh homemade pet food free of chemicals here: https://petswellpantry.com/shop/